Header Ads Widget

Kelly Clarkson Thanks NBC for Prioritizing Mental Health and Moving Her Talk Show to New York During Daytime Emmys 2024 Win.

 Kelly Clarkson, the award-winning entertainer, received accolades for her daytime talk series, 'The Kelly Clarkson Show,' expressing her gratitude towards NBC.

Kelly Clarkson at the Daytime Emmy Awards 2024. . PHOTO: 

GILBERT FLORES/GETTY


The 42-year-old performer, who received a Daytime Emmy Award on June 7 for Outstanding Daytime Talk Series for "The Kelly Clarkson Show," expressed her gratitude to the network for relocating the show from Los Angeles to New York after its fourth season. This move was initiated by Clarkson herself, who sought a fresh start following her divorce from Brandon Blackstock, finalized in 2020.


"Not everyone considers what's happening behind the scenes," Clarkson remarked on stage. "The fact that NBC, a massive company, took the time to listen when I said, ‘Hey, my life isn't going great. I don't know if I can live here anymore. I don't know if I can do this,’ means a lot."


"They really embraced us and helped us move... The relocation has been fantastic, not just for me and my family, but for our entire show," she continued. "It takes significant time, money, and effort to make such a move, and it's not unnoticed. I just want to say ‘Thank You’ for recognizing the importance of mental health."

Related : Jennifer Hudson Shines in a Plunging Glittering Gown at the 2024 Daytime Emmys

Garth Brooks and Kelly Clarkson on 'The Kelly Clarkson Show.'. Photo : WEISS EUBANKS/NBCUNIVERSAL VIA GETTY IMAGES


Clarkson shares two children, River Rose, 9, and Remington, 8, with Blackstock. 

In an October 2023 interview with USA Today, the Grammy-winning singer admitted to having doubts about leaving L.A. 


“I’ll be real honest: I thought I was making a horrible decision,” Clarkson revealed. “I knew I needed a fresh start and couldn’t be in L.A. I really wanted to be in Montana, but you can’t really do a show from there quite yet. So I was like, ‘The only other option would probably be New York.’”

The move has proven to be beneficial for Clarkson, who shared after just a few weeks in her new city:
“I genuinely love it, and I love that my kids love it.”

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.





Post a Comment

0 Comments